Wife seeks divorce over husband’s membership of OPC




A teacher, Mrs Funmi Bello,23, on Monday appealed to an Ikorodu Customary Court in Lagos State to dissolve her three-year-old marriage, alleging that her husband had joined the O’odua People’s’ Congress (OPC).

The petitioner accused her husband, Mr Taofeek Bello, a tailor, of threatening her life with charms.

Funmi, who resides at Agunfoye, in Igbogbo area of Ikorodu, told the court that her husband battered her at the slightest mistake she made.

“Recently, I discovered that my husband had joined OPC when he was not sleeping at home.

“He usually curses me and brings his co-members to threaten me.

“Please separate us; he has threatened to kill me and I don’t want to die now,” she said.

The defendant, a father of one, denied some of  the allegations but testified that he joined OPC and prayed the court for settlement.

“Truly, I joined the OPC but I did not threaten her life with charms; I only brought my members home to help me warn her,” he said.

The Court President, Mrs Risikat Ekerin, adjourned the case till Nov.12, for possible reconciliation.

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!