4 kidnappers killed in Delta

Leave a Comment

Luck ran out of four suspected kidnappers yesterday in Isele-Kpetime, Delta State as they were killed by men of the Joint Task Force (JTF) of the Delta State Police Command in a gun battle.

The patrol team got information that the suspected kidnappers were strategizing to operate in the area and on seeing the patrol team, the gunmen opened fire on the team and in the ensuing gun battle four of them were killed.
The suspects, who wore charms of various shapes, rode in two cars, a Toyota Avalon, marked EPE 217 AC and a Volkswagen Golf, with registration No. LAGOS SB 164 KJA. The cars were later recovered.
Other items recovered from the hoodlums include three AK 47 rifles, one pump action, 15 AK 47 magazines, 341 round of live ammunition, six live cartridges and six Nokia phones.

A kidnapped victim, had identified one of the hoodlums as member of the gang that kidnapped him last week. He was released at the weekend just when the kidnapped wife of the state commissioner for basic education regained her freedom after her family was said to have parted with undisclosed sum of money.

The killing of the hoodlums followed the alarm raised by the new Commissioner of Police, Ikenchukwu Aduba about the shooting spree by hoodlums in Sapele, killing four persons that were enjoying themselves at a drinking spot.
According to the Commissioner of Police, who paraded the corpses of the suspected kidnappers at the command headquarters in Asaba, yesterday, said: “My men immediately proceeded to the town, on sighting the team, the robbers opened fire on the patrol Hilux Jeep. The men responded swiftly and gunned down four of the unidentified kidnappers.”
He recounted the synergy between the police and the vigilance group, which led to the arrest of one Chuks Nwaebuli and Dumbiri Onwuegbuzia, both cultists, whose activities threw Udumugbe quarters in Asaba in crisis last Friday.
The police boss said one AK 47, one Magazine, two locally made pistols, six cartridges, two GSM phones and one machete were recovered from them.

He said: “Expect fire for fire from me. The state is under siege and we can’t continue this way. They opened fire on my men. This is the result. Only yesterday, they went on shooting spree in Sapele, killing four men who were enjoying themselves.”

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment