Jobseeker says he's been turned down for 200 posts because he's 'too clever'

A 'completely unemployable' man who has been to university four times says he has been dumped on the scrapheap because he is too clever to work. Mark Schwalbe, 52, from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, claims to have applied for more than 200 jobs and has been rejected for every one because he has too many qualifications. 

Each employer has told him his CV is too good and he is overqualified for the menial jobs he has applied for, he claims. This is because he has multiple A-levels, a degree and a masters degree as well as an HND and years of experience in the care sector. He says he has applied unsuccessfully for jobs at fast food chain McDonalds and also high street giants Primark, Wilkinsons and Morrisons. 

His frustrations have boiled over to such an extent he wrote to David Cameron and Nick Clegg to tell them about a situation he says is making him miserable. 'I have gone for factory and warehouse jobs where I have been told I am too qualified. Someone even said to me "we don’t want a genius asking why they’re being asked to push a broom". 'I am totally unemployable. I’ve written to David Cameron and Nick Clegg telling them about my situation. There are so many people out there without work.

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!