THIS WOMAN NEEDS HELP: I’m Pregnant But He Can’t Afford A Church Wedding


I am 30 and my fiancé is 32; we have been dating for over 5yrs now. To get a job was so difficult for both of us, if not we would have been married by now, with one or two kids. I got a job early last year which earns me 75k per month and I have responsibilities too as I’m currently undergoing my masters program and I’m sponsoring myself through school and I still assist at home sometimes.

 My fiancé just got a job early this year and his pay is 55k. I just found out that I am one month pregnant and I’m not thinking of abortion at all. The problem is; we don’t have up to N200,000 in savings but we were planning on working on making up to 400k between now and two months time to carry out a low key traditional and court wedding only. 

 I will feel terrible moving around with a big tummy and no sign of wedlock; at work, church, anywhere I go... I don’t like the idea and so does my fiancé. We can’t afford a church wedding now as it will be too costly considering the time frame.

 My mum has said that none of her kids will marry without doing a church wedding as it makes d marriage look incomplete, though I haven't told her about the pregnancy yet. Is it really true that if one weds without doing church wedding it doesn't make it complete? Though am a Christian but how important is really a church wedding?

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!