Ask Women: Are Funny Men Intimidating to Date?



Obianjuwa:
I love dating funny Men. Being with someone who makes me want to be funnier and pushes me to be funnier is hot to me. It becomes a back and forth, a game, trying to out-funny each other. Plus, it's hot when a girl can laugh at herself or you--I like men who are really funny. 

Ngozi:
Well it depends on how he's funny. There's biting funny, which can be imposing whether it's a guy or a woman. But I like when someone I'm dating is funny.

Monica:
I wouldn't say funny men are intimidating, I think it's a huge-turn on, but if they are (a) way funnier than you or (b) being funny by way of making fun of you, it can be somewhat disconcerting. Granted, I think my boyfriend is the only guy I've dated who I would say is really funny, and the fact that he is more clever than I am most of the time, that just makes him charming. I should also say I guess someone who is smart funny could be intimidating, but someone who makes just fart jokes? Not as much.

Rebecca:
My boyfriend is funnier than me, and it's the best thing in the world. I wouldn't date a guy who wasn't funny--but yeah, it can be a little bit intimidating. I think it's because guys feel like being funny is a tool they can use when picking up / meeting / dating a girl to impress her, or get her to like him, and it's a little intimidating when the person on the other side of the line has your secret weapon too.

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!