How can I be responsible for his predicament?

Dear readers, When some things happen to us we prefer to leave them in the past where they belong. Such is our writer’s story, but someone came out of the blues threatening and opening the old wound. 

 She needs your advice. 

Please. read and help her.

 I need someone to tell me if I did anything wrong. Many people would cause problems for themselves and turn around to blame others for their misfortune, such is Sanmi in his present predicament. The Lord knows that I have no hand in whatever is happening to him now. I decided to write Heartcopy so that you can advise me on what to do. Secondly, I wish to let the public know my predicament.

In case anything happens to me, my family and the public will know where it has come from and who to hold responsible for it. I have had enough of Sanmi. Initially he was begging me, now he has resorted to threatening me, since I have no hand in his predicament. 

 I met sanmi, some 15 years ago. I was just getting over a failed relationship. A relationship I was in for over five years which I and everybody who knew Kenny and I felt would lead us to the altar, but unfortunately, another woman who was smarter than I took him. I never knew Kenny was up to anything when he , all of a sudden, after over four years into our relationship, demanded that I must be pregnant before we get married.

 I was making efforts to get pregnant when his mother asked to see me and gave me the shock of my life. She informed me that Kenny impregnated another lady he had been dating before he met me. Whether true or false, all my efforts to see him after his mother spoke with me were futile, he refused to see me.

 I later heard that they got married. I met Sanmi when he had just lost his job and a huge amount of money to fraudsters. He was in a mess and we started by consoling each other. I met him at the office of the estate agent who manages my father’s estate.

 He happened to be the one in charge of Sanmi’s accommodation. Apparently, he had outstanding bills to settle and he had been asked to vacate the building. In the process, we started dating and few months into our relationship, I asked him to move in with me.

 I resided in one of my father’s houses in Surulere, with the belief that together we could make things work and since he said he loved me and there was no other woman in his life, we could get married later. I thought I could use my father’s contact to secure a job for him, but it took longer than I thought. All the while that he didn’t have a job, there was nothing I could not do for him; I took good care of him and bought good clothes for him. 

At a particular period of time, my father and younger brother expressed their fears about him, but I assured them that I Itrusted him. My assurance, however made my father to step in and helped him to secure some contracts which started Sanmi off. I think I should let you know that my younger brother and I were raised by our father. 

Our mother died when we were still very young. Daddy did not marry another wife, he raised us alone, this is why we are all very close and remained one. At about the time Sanmi started executing small scale contracts that was bringing little money his way; I encouraged him to save as I was making good money from running my father’s business.

 My father fell ill, my brother who lived with him in his Ikoyi home was out of the country and since I couldn’t go to stay with him, I encouraged him to come and stay with Sanmi and I for some time, I was happy because, I felt both of them would get to know each other better and he could keep my father company, because we have been able to identify that one of daddy’s problem was loneliness. 

 On a fateful day, when I returned from work and Sanmi stepped out to pick some toiletries from the store, my father told me that he did not really like him and that he suspected that Sanmi had something to do with a young girl who lived close to my house. This young girl had just completed her secondary education and she used to come over and play with me, and sometimes help me with chores around the house. 

 (To be continued next week)

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!