Sacked for wearing too much make-up

A dedicated hospital worker sacked for wearing too much make-up has vowed never to change her appearance for anybody. 

Francine Siddaway, 28, was dismissed from her £14,857-a-year cleaning job at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge after apparently refusing to tone down her 'Egyptian-style' cosmetics.

 But Francine, who has now been left jobless after working at the hospital for three-and-a-half years, believes she has been 'victimised' at a time when 600 Medirest staff have been ordered to take a pay cut or lose their jobs.

 She describes her make-up as her 'armour' and says it is important for making herself feel good. 

The cleaner - who is now considering taking legal action - has vowed never to change her appearance for others. She said: 'I like Egyptian-look make up. 

My make-up is my armour - it makes me feel confident. 'They say my make-up is 'offensive', but how can it be when the other staff often complement me on it?

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!