Should I give him more time or move on?

From Todaysgist reader

 I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 3years now.Some months into the relationship he asked me to wait for him till 2011/2012.We had our differences and disagreement sometimes which is normal in a relationship..Last year he introduced me to the dad and told me that the dad will make family inquiries in December last year.

 The parents already knows my family as the dad is a very close friend to two of my uncles. I love this guy with everything in me.He's the first man i've ever given my body and my heart.I'm not getting any younger as i'm already in my late twenties.

I have a good job, fully independent and ready to settle down.Ist week of june after i came back from my vacation,i asked him where the relationship was heading to as his attitude towards me changed a bit.I only asked him to define the relationship,so at least i know what i'm doing. He told me that he's not fully convinced,not ready and have not taken any decision yet.He asked me to give him time to take decision.

Ever since then we don't communicate well.I call once in a while why he also calls once in while. He came back and requested for the relationship to be restored back to normal and i refused and told him that i can't continue till the relationship is defined.I told him that i'm ready to accept a break up if that was what what he wants.

He came back after a week and asked if we can still be friends if we break up.I refused initially but later granted him that but he now said he does'nt want a break-up.The sister tried asking him what the problem is but he refused to open up.I decided to break up with him and move on no matter how painful it will be. I broke up with him and after the break up he called to say how sorry he is and how he much he wants the relationship to be restored.

Now he's saying i should forget anything that has to do with marriage or defining the relationship,that he will define it soon in his time or i should at least grant him friendship.I asked him if we become just friends as he's requesting,does it mean i can go ahead and open up to another man that is interested and his answer shocked me the more.He said "if someone else proposes before me and you lie him,you can go ahead and marry him".

It was over the phone so i ended the call and told him to leave my life alone and that i can't be his friend.He sent me a text later saying that its the pressure from me that is making him uncomfortable,not that he does'nt want me anymore.I'm heart broken and really love this guy.I can't date two men at the same time,so i have to leave hin in other to date another.I'm very confused.Should i give him more time or move on finally with my life?

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!