Arrests made over killing of 4 UNIPORT students


Ibim Semenitari is the Rivers State Commissioner for Information
I can confirm to you guys that the Chief of Aluu community has been arrested and is in police custody. Some people I have been in touch with got the info from the Rivers State Commissioner of Police. There are also reports that at least 12 others have been arrested and more arrests will be made in the coming days.

Meanwhile, the deputy registrar of University of Port Harcourt, Williams Modi, said the school will issue a statement once they get all the facts - I.e, the true identities of the victims and what actually transpired on the day of the reported incident.

Also, I heard that residents of the community have started fleeing the area to avoid being arrested. Please continue...

Before I broke the story on Friday, I spoke with three different UNIPORT students, one of them my cousin (he was the one who sent the story to me) and they all said the same thing. That the Aluu community said they killed these boys because they stole. I asked the students what the victims supposedly stole, and they said - the people who killed them said they stole phones and laptops. That was why I made that my headline...

But since then, we've heard different versions of what happened on that early Friday morning...different versions! Below is another one...which suggests the boys didn't steal the phones and laptop but took it by force...



At this point, I really don't care what these boys did. Not that I condone any form of crime, but there's no excuse for what the Aluu community did to these boys. No excuse! Even people that have been prosecuted for a crime and condemned to die are shown some kind of respect. These boys were treated like animals. Maybe even worse. Animals we kill for consumption are not treated like this. So we must all rise and condemn this act. This is the land that will be home to our children and children's children.

The right to life is a fundamental right!
#JusticeforAluu4

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!