SSS Grills Senator With Link To Boko Haram Top Commander



The State Security Service has summoned a serving Senator, Ahmed Zanna, over his alleged involvement with the violent Islamic sect, Boko Haram. The summons is in connection with the arrest last week of a suspected member of the group, Shuaibu Bama, in a house believed to be the senator’s.

Funny enough, the senator is denying that Shauibu Bama had any links with Boko Haram.

“Since my house was searched and the JTF made the announcement, I have not been contacted by security agencies. But it was only this morning (Sunday), I saw a text that the SSS DG will want to see me on Monday. I will honour the invitation”, he told newsmen.

The senator also claimed that Bama was arrested in the house of former governor Ali Modu Sheriff, contrary to the report by the JTF. “I reacted because they said they arrested the boy in the house of a serving Senator along Damboa Road and I am the one living along Damboa road.

“I really do not understand why they did all this. I am confused. If they want to frame me up, they have failed in that one because they did not get that boy in my house.

“I have nothing to do with it. Let them go and ask the person where the boy was staying. So, they should not have mentioned my house."


Recall that the Joint Task Force had claimed that they arrested Bama in the building along Damboa Road in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, last Friday after soldiers stormed the House.

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!