Williams Sisters excited to be in Nigeria

 The Williams sisters, Serena and Venus, who are currently on tour of Nigeria, say they are excited to be in Nigeria to be part of the women empowerment programme initiated by the Connect Marketing Services.

The sisters, who attended a media conference in company of their mother, Oracene Price at the Palace Hotel in Lagos Wednesday, said every Nigerian girl must rise and achieve her potential.

Venus said: “Its so amazing being here for the first time. I tried several times but I’m glad I made it this time around.“And, for the Nigerian women, they can do a lot to improve themselves and we salute the organisers of this initiative for thinking about women empowerment.”

Venus added that it will be a great opportunity for her to play an exhibition match against her younger sister, Serena.“It’s going to be great to play for the Nigeria fans, I don’t know who will win, but I will play my best game on Friday.

 Thanks For having us here in Lagos.”For Serena, the 15 times grand slam winner said: “We are excited to be in Nigeria. My first time was a brief stop over when I traveled to an African country a few years back.
“It was disappointing that I could not interact with Nigerians back then, that’s why I’m going to cherish every minute I have to spend here now.
“It also makes me crazy to know that we have many fans in Nigeria, infact, I receive thousands of messages everyday on Twitter from Nigerians who were asking if I would come here. Well here I am and It will be a honour to play against my sister for Nigerians and we will give you a good show.”
The conference was attended by the Asoju Oba of Lagos, Chief Molade Okoya-Thomas, Mrs Dehab Ghebreab, the Public Affairs Officer, United States Consulate General in Lagos, Nigeria and international journalists from Africa and Europe.
The Williams sisters will train some invited kids during a tennis clinic slated for the Ikoyi Club Wednesday afternoon.

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!