Woman Seeks divorce over husband’s Drinking Habit

Mrs Olusupo Osho, a 30-year-old clerk, on Friday asked an Ikorodu Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve her 13-year-old marriage over her husband’s alleged drinking habit. “My husband drinks alcohol to the extent that he falls into gutters. 

He uses all his money to drink and he does not take care of me and my children; any time he drinks and I make a little mistake, he would beat me to a state of coma,’’ she told the court. 

 The petitioner, who resides at 6, Allison St, Ikorodu, Lagos State, said that her husband’s drinking habit made him to lose customers in his fashion designing business. “I don’t think I can continue with this man; please separate us before my children imbibe his bad habits, I am fed up,” Olusupo said. She also accused her husband, Mr Afolabi Osho, 35, of irresponsibility. 

 The defendant, in his statement before the court, did not deny the allegations made by his wife. “I usually drink so that I can stop thinking about my problems. I want this court to plead on my behalf; I don’t want to leave my wife and I promise to sign an undertaking to show that I will stop drinking,” he said. The court president, Mrs Risikat Ekerin, after listening to the couple, told them to wait for counselling and adjourned the case to Oct. 30 for possible reconciliation. (

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!