What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe?

Leave a Comment

Teachable moment. Beyond the comedy. What if you were in "oga at the top's" shoes? How would you have answered a simple question you don't know in a public space? For example, I had been using BB for 3 years before I knew the full meaning of DP? What if I was on live TV, discussing 'politics and the social media' and one thing led to the other I was required to tell the full meaning of DP (e.g I mention DP and the presenter asks me to enlighten him on what DP means). How would you have managed such situation? If I was in such situation I would have played with words. For the DP case, I would have played with words and answered like this: "Maupe, one interesting thing about social media is that a number of abbreviations fly around, that people are even less interested in their meaning, but the message they pass. For example, popular as it is, we still have people that don't know the full meaning of lol. In essence, people are more concerned with what DP is about. I know the P-part means picture, but you will be surprised I may not be able tell exactly what the D stands for. Definitely, me and you know what DP is about - the picture in the short data page of your BBM. And that's the most important."

I need suggestions on how to manage our "oga-at-the-top­'s" situation. What is the least embarrassing way to manage such situation i.e being asked your organization's website on live TV and you don't know it?

How do you salvage such situation? How do you minimize, if not outrightly eliminate, the embarrassment?

And generally, how do you manage embarrassing situations in public/interviews etc?


By Sunday Jonathan

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment