Showing posts with label NFF. Show all posts
Showing posts with label NFF. Show all posts

NFF Swiftly Appoint Samson Siasia, Yusuf and Amuneke as Caretaker Coaches For Egypt Clash

Leave a Comment

 The Nigerian Football Federation(NFF) this evening released a press statement to confirm Samson Siasia, Salisu Yusuf, Emmanuel Amuneke and Alloy Agu as the four coaches that will act as caretaker coaches in Nigeria's upcoming AFCON qualifier double-header match with Egypt next month.

 Sunday Oliseh had resigned from his post as Super Eagles coach in the early hours of today.

The NFF Technical committee after meeting in Abuja today have immediately put up tactical cover to prevent the Super Eagles from missing out on another AFCON competition with the Egypt match about three weeks away.

Read the press statement From NFF below...
''Nigeria has re-appointed Samson Siasia as Head Coach of the Senior National Football Team, Super Eagles. He will work with respected tactician Salisu Yusuf, FIFA U-17 World Cup – winner Emmanuel Amuneke and Alloy Agu for the upcoming 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Egypt.
"'The combination was recommended by the NFF Technical and Development Committee following Sunday Oliseh’s resignation on twitter in the early hours of Friday.'' the NFF said on their official website. ''Siasia served as Super Eagles’ Head Coach between December 2010 and October 2011, before his contract was terminated following the team’s failure to qualify for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations. ''Amuneke led the Nigeria U-17 boys to a fifth FIFA World Cup title in Chile last year and was hailed for his excellent comportment and maturity, as well as the tremendous skills of his players.'' '
"Salisu Yusuf and Alloy Agu were in the immediate past crew led by Oliseh and will serve as the bridge with the new team as Nigeria gets set for a potentially –explosive double date with the Pharaohs in March.''
"Siasia and Amuneke are among few ex-Nigeria internationals who boast impressive track record in coaching. Amuneke, who has a UEFA Pro licence, was assistant to Manu Garba when the Nigeria U-17 squad won a fourth FIFA World Cup title in 2013, and then headed the crew that successfully defended the trophy last year.'' ''Siasia steered the Nigeria U-20 team to the African title in 2005 and led the team to runner-up spot at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in The Netherlands the same year. He also led the U-23 to silver medal in the men’s football tournament of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, and two months ago, led the U-23 to win the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal, in the process qualifying the team to this year’s Olympics.''
"Both men scored as Nigeria achieved an impressive debut at the FIFA World Cup in the USA in 1994. Amuneke scored against Bulgaria and Italy and Siasia scored against Argentina.'' ''Amuneke also scored the two goals as Nigeria edged Zambia to win the Africa Cup of Nations for the first time on away soil in Tunis in 1994, and also scored the winner as Nigeria defeated Argentina to win Africa’s first Olympics football gold in USA two years.
Read More...

'It's Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish'- NFF Reacts to Sunday Oliseh's Resignation

Leave a Comment


 The Nigerian Football Federation(NFF) has reacted to Sunday Oliseh's resignation as Super Eagles coach. The spokesman of the Federation, Ademola Olajire, in an interview with NTA today, said the federation heard of Oliseh’s resignation in the media and was yet to receive a letter from the coach as at when he was responding to the interview.

“As far as we are concerned, it is good riddance to bad rubbish. He is not the kind of person we though he was. Oliseh is gone and we have to move forward,” Olajire said 
“He went on YouTube to abuse Nigerians. The Minister pleaded with the federation to allow him to remain in place for our next two matches. As you can see, he did not even wait for those matches.” he concluded
As at press time, the official NFF website, Instagram handle and Twitter had yet to comment on the issue.
Read More...

NFF Condoles With Keshi Following The Death Of His Wife

Leave a Comment
The Nigerian Football Federation has condoled with former Super Eagles head coach and captain Stephen Keshi, over the death of his for 35 years.The NFF said in a release that President Pinnick spoke at length with Keshi on Thursday after the unfortunate news enter into the public.Read NNF statement below...
“This is devastating. To lose a spouse is the equivalent of a tragedy. I pray that Almighty God will give you and the children the fortitude to bear this huge loss. Keshi is a Nigerian hero and we mourn deeply with him at this time. This has come like a big blow, but we pray that he receives divine strength to cope with the situation, and we also pray that the Almighty God will grant the departed eternal rest.” NFF chairman Amaju Pinnick said
Read More...

Enyeama Won’t Be Beg Say's - NFF

Leave a Comment



After the shock retirement of super eagles skipper Vincent Enyeama,Nigeria Football federation(NFF) has come out to say they will not beg the player to come back.According to News Agency of Nigeria,Ademola Olajire who is NFF spoke person was quoted yesterday as saying..

“We heard about his quitting the national team on his Instagram page. If somebody says he is retiring from the national team, what are we going to do, to beg him?” “We don’t know if he is leaving the national team because of his quarrel with the coach (Sunday Oliseh). He just wrote on his Instagram page that he was leaving the national team. So, why should we be finding out whether he left because of the rift?“The player has gone out of the camp, what do you want us to do. He has left the camp and he did not tell anybody that he was leaving.”
Read More...

Keshi Is Still The Head Coach Of The Super Eagles- NFF confirms

Leave a Comment
How unfounded rumors spread!!!After yesterday’s loss to France, coupled with Enyeama and Yobo retirement, Rumours have been going around that the Big Boss had retired.

Even though Keshi said: “It’s time for me to go back to my family and face fresh challenges." An NFF spokesman has come out and said: “Coach Keshi has not submitted an official resignation letter. He was not employed in the mixed zone [after the France game] or on Facebook.”

It has also been ascertained that Keshi does not have a Twitter account and the alleged tweet where he says he is done is not from him.
Read More...