Showing posts with label OJB Jezreel. Show all posts
Showing posts with label OJB Jezreel. Show all posts

I discovered Wizkid, not Banky, OJB Breaks Silence

Leave a Comment
They say success has many friends and failure has,,,,you know the rest already. Producer, OJB Jezreel has decided to set the records straight regarding who discovered Wizkid.In a chat with Saturday Beats,OJB said he hadn’t spoken about it before now because he is too old to be blowing his own trumpet at 50. The beat maker said that he went to Wizkid’s family house to convince his parents to allow him pursue his music career.
“To set the records, I discovered Wizkid’s talent. We basically started his career and I remember when we had to push Wizkid around and take him for shows but nobody was ready to allow him to perform because they were not ‘feeling’ him at that point in time. When he had the chance and said he wanted to move on and try other things, we were behind him then too. If we did not discover him, he would not have been with us. I was the first person to go to his family house to tell them that it would be a nice idea if they allowed him to go into music.
We have been there from day one but not everybody know this story, we don’t just make noise about it. It is not Banky W that discovered him, I did. I would soon be 50 years old and I think it would be funny if I start blowing my trumpet,” he said.
OJB told Saturday Beats that he has no regrets when it comes to Wizkid because he pushed his career as far as he could.
“There are some artistes that if you spend millions of naira on them, they would not be impactful until they cross borders. Take Harrysongs for example, millions was spent on him but nothing happened till he crossed over to Five Star Entertainment. There is no how Harrysongs would say that Questionmark record label was not a blessing to his life. Sometimes, these things happen like that and I think it is destiny,” he said.
Read More...

Sad : OJB's kidney Reportedly Collapses Again

Leave a Comment

 Nigerian music producer and singer, Babatunde Okungbowa a.k.a OJB is reportedly on admission at the General Hospital, Lagos following a relapse of his kidney ailment.

 OJB, who had a successful kidney transplant in India last year, had a relapse two weeks ago, this is according to a report by Yes! International magazine.

A source at the hospital who spoke to the magazine said
"The medical experts who attended to OJB at the Lagos Hospital were shocked at the sudden relapse despite last year's successful kidney transplant. They chided him for not going back to India for post-surgery check-ups as specified by the team of Indian doctors in the medical report given to him". 

When contacted, his third wife, Korede said
"I don't want to say anything about it unless he talks about it himself. Have you called him? Because I have not seen the story and he has even warned me about it. So please I don't want to have anything to do with it unless he talks about it himself. He warned me and I have to respect and obey my husband" she said
His first wife, Mabel donated one of her kidneys to him last year and he was believed to be doing well until this recent development.
Read More...

"Nomoreloss & Juliet Ibrahim Settles Dispute Over OJB"

Leave a Comment

Ghanian actress Juliet Ibrahim & OJB's donation committee chairperson, Nomoreloss have linked up to make amends over a statement Juliet Ibrahim made a while ago.

 "kidney transplant does not cost more than $50k and i wondered why people raising funds for OJB are requesting for $100, 000." Those where are exact words.

  The Ghanian actress came out to attack OJB and his camp for allowing the public to insult celebrities in the name of saving OJB campaign. But all disputes has since been settled for peace to reign.
 
Read More...

LIAR!!! OJB Sues Blogger For N100m Over Fake Story

Leave a Comment

The OJB Jezreel fundraising committee has sued an online news website, believed to Aproko247 for N100million over a story published on its platform alleging that some members of the committee ripped the ailing singer off through donations made by kind-hearted Nigerians to save OJB Jezreel.

 The website posted the story on Monday, while the committee members called a press conference on Tuesday evening at OJB Jezreel's residence in Surulere, Lagos, where they made the announcement of the N100million lawsuit against the website.

 The committee members are aggrieved that such allegations could be made against them, which they termed 'malicious and character assassination'.

 Members of the committee sworn to press charges to clear their names of the allegations made by the website.

 When contacted on phone on the matter, the Editor-in-Chief of the news website, who simply identified himself as Mr. Dapo, said, "we are aware of the rumour that we have been sued for N100million over a story posted on our platform on the OJB Jezreel committee, but we have not received any letter from their lawyers or any court.

 We are still waiting for them. But for now, we take it as a mere rumour until we are officially served."
Read More...