Showing posts with label kidnappers in Nigeria. Show all posts
Showing posts with label kidnappers in Nigeria. Show all posts

Police Rescue The Kidnapped Emir of Bukkuyum in Zamfara

Leave a Comment
Nigerians were shocked when it was reported that the Emir of Zamfara was abducted by unknown gun men.So many people were amazed that an Emir can be kidnapped and that shows the level of  insecurity in the country. Channels Tv has updated that the Emir of Bukkuyum, in Zamfara State, Alhaji Muhammadu Usman, who was abducted from his palace by some gunmen last week Friday has regained freedom.
His release follows days of massive manhunt of his whereabouts by security agencies across the state.

The Zamafara State Police Commissioner, Mr Femi Ogunbayode, who confirmed the release of the 60-year old traditional ruler to our correspondent, said the Emir was rescued by the police at Gajazema Village, a border town between Zamfara and Kebbi States in the early hours of Wednesday.

He further explained that his men intercepted the kidnappers at the border community around 1AM this morning as they were about crossing over to Kebbi State.

Mr Ogunbayode, who noted that the kidnappers fled into the bush on siting the police, added that no arrest has been made.

While stating that the Emir is hale and hearty at the time he was rescued, the police commissioner also explained that no ransom was paid for his release.

The Emir, who had been on the throne for 14 years, was abducted by unknown gunmen around 8PM last Friday while he was praying inside a mosque opposite his house.
Read More...

Jungle Justice:Angry Mob Beats 2 Kidnappers to Stupor in Calabar(Graphic photos)

Leave a Comment
Everyday for the thief but one day for the owner came to pass last week when Two young men on Friday, September 19th, met their waterloo in a failed attempt to kidnap a lady supposed to be a student of the University of Calabar, Cross Rivers State.

The failed kidnap attempt which occurred between the hours of 3:30-4:30pm was along the Mary Slessor Avenue very close to the University main gate. According to the '9ja Oni Baje' Foundation Int'l, the hoodlums who were beaten to a pulp were intercepted by the angry mob when the lady raised an alarm for rescue.



"One of the thugs was beaten to just a few inches to death while the other one escaped the extremes of the outrage as he ran into the University of Calabar Main Gate's Security Post," the foundation said.

It however said, the attention of the Joint Military Task Force/Police in Calabar Municipal were immediately called upon by the University of Calabar Surveillance Unit, who immediately arrested the kidnappers. By then, the windscreen of kidnappers' white Audi car with Registration Number GEP-167-AAA (Cross River) were shattered to pieces by the mob.

The shattered Audi was later on taken to the Police Division Office by some police officers.


Read More...

How female kidnapper strangled & tied neighbor’s 6-year old son in a box(photo)

Leave a Comment
In a community where you think you know your neighbors very well, you will be surprised what some of them are up to. A six-year-old boy, Emmanuel Emeka, who was rescued from a suspected kidnapper on Wednesday in the Ikorodu area of Lagos, has recounted how he was lured, seized and tied up by his abductor.

Emmanuel said the suspect, identified as Mama Ifunaya, who was a neighbour, lured him into her room, strangled him,covered his mouth with clothes before tying him up with rope to prevent him from screaming.

He said,

“I wanted to draw water and take my bath before going to school when she told me to come. I went because I know her; she is Mama Ifunnaya. But when I got to her side, she threw me inside her room… she closed her net. She then tied me and put me inside a box.I wanted to shout, but I could not shout properly. I heard my mummy’s voice when she was looking for me, but I could not shout. She (pointing to the suspect) is a wicked person.”
Our correspondent observed that Emmanuel’s neck had marks, while his eyes were bloodshot.PUNCH Metro on Thursday spoke with the victim’s mother, Mrs. Gloria Emeka, who explained that she never suspected her neighbour because while she was searching for her child, the suspect was in her room with her children praying and shouting “holy ghost fire.”She said she later discovered it was a ploy to prevent her from hearing Emmanuel’s screams.She said,

“On Tuesday morning, I was preparing Emmanuel to go to school. He told me he wanted to fetch the water from the well.I left him and went inside the kitchen where I was cooking. But what I heard next was the muffled voice of my child and I ran out.I began shouting his name, but I didn’t see him. I, however, observed that my neighbour’s door was slightly opened and I entered. I met her children and asked them if they saw Emmanuel, but they said no.I looked everywhere without a trace of my son. People joined me and we searched the surroundings, but we couldn’t find him.My landlady’s son entered the well to see if he fell into the well, but he came out and said he couldn’t find anything.”
While this was on, Mama Ifunaya was said to have sent her four kids out of the house.
PUNCH Metro gathered that more people joined the search party, while Mama Ifunaya stayed in her mini-flat apartment.
“Later, we saw her leaving the house with a box on her head. She said she was travelling. It was my landlady that challenged her why she could go out when everybody was busy searching for Emmanuel.
“The landlady asked her to stop, but she suddenly increased her pace and started running. That was how the landlady shouted, ‘kidnapper, kidnapper’, and people ran after her.”
The box was said to have fallen, and when it was opened, the missing boy was found in it.

Our correspondent learnt that a mob would have lynched her but for the intervention of policemen from the Ipakodo Police Division, Ikorodu.

She reportedly confessed that a prophet sent her to bring the child.
A police source told our correspondent some witnesses said more than 15 receipts were recovered from the victim. The receipts were said to have shown payment for some past unidentified jobs.
Read More...

I Was Fed With Garri and Oil For 18 Days' – Kidnapped President Jonathan’s Uncle Recounts

Leave a Comment

President Goodluck Jonathan's uncle and adopted father has been released and he narrated his experience with those who kidnapped him...

Nitabai, a former university lecturer, said his abductors fed him with garri and oil for the 18 days he was held captive. He was blindfolded throughout the period. He also said  he was almost submerged in a swamp while the kidnappers were moving him from one spot to another because he was blindfolded.

The already emaciated man, said:


 “My ordeal in the hands of my captors was simply horrendous. I was blindfolded  for those 18 
days. So I did not see my abductors. They fed me with garri and oil. There was a day they were asking me some foolish questions and I kept quiet. They were upset and beat me up. It was a miracle I did not die that day.”

Punch reports Inengite said he had yet to know the motive behind his abduction. When reminded that it could be because of his relation with President Jonathan, he answered that he could not rule it out.


The septuagenarian, who had lectured at Rivers State University beforing moving to the Niger Delta University, where he retired, was abducted by 10 gunmen about 9pm on February 23, 2014. You recall that Nitabai’s abductors had demanded for a N500 million ransom but were said to be infuriated when his family members said they could only afford N30m. The kidnappers rejected the N30m, allegedly saying the amount was “unpresidential.”

Eventually, according to Bayelsa police spokesman, Mr Alex Akhigbe, no ransom was paid for Nitabai’s release. The Commissioner of Police, Bayelsa State Command, Mr. Hillary Opara, said Nitabai was rescued in the early hours of Thursday.
Read More...

Gunmen have shot and kidnapped OAP Wazobia FM Port Harcourt Akas-baba

Leave a Comment
Gunmen have shot and kidnapped one of our Wazobia FM Presenters in Port Harcourt, Akas Baba. His wife Candy Akatakpo confirmed the incident saying her husband was attacked at about 2am today at his rumuekini residence in Port Harcourt in the presence of his family. Mrs. Akatakpo said Akas Baba whose real name is Anthony Akatakpo was shot on his leg and whisked away by one of his attackers in a Mistsubuishi Endeavor SUV. If you have any information that could help secure his release, please contact the nearest Police station to you .
That's the information circulating on BBM this morning and it is has confirmed he was kidnapped. I really hope the rescue him on time!!!
Read More...

Police Arrests Lagos Kidnappers After Tip-off From A Seven-year-old Victim

Leave a Comment
'Never under estimate anybody no matter their age, level or status' is a quote Gbenga Sholaja, Olalekan Benjamin and Samson Shomorin will never forget in their lives as their kidnapping activities was brought to an end by a 7year old.

A university graduate and two other suspects were on Wednesday paraded by the Lagos State Police Command, following their arrest, by a tip off from a seven-year-old victim.The graduate of Economics of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Gbenga Sholaja; Olalekan Benjamin and Samson Shomorin, who specialise in kidnapping little boys, were arrested by men of the Igando Police Division and the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja, Lagos.

The victim (name withheld) was said to have been held hostage at Benjamin’s father’s house at Ikotun, Lagos.The child, who was later released after ransom was paid by his parents, was said to have memorised the house address where he was kept. It was the child who led police officers to the same house where Benjamin was arrested.

Sholaja, who wept profusely during his interview, told PUNCH Metro that he was pushed by unemployment into kidnapping. He said, “I have a Second Class Upper (Division) in Accounting and have completed my National Youth Service Corps programme.

“I went into kidnapping because since I finished my NYSC in 2011, I have been unable to get a job.”
An ex-convict, who was remanded in prison for kidnapping three years ago, Benjamin, said he met Sholaja at OOU while he was trying to gain admission into the school.
He said, “I was a casual worker at a factory in 2007 before I was sacked; I earned N300 per day. After staying idle for some months, I met a friend, Muyiwa, we were carriers of frozen fish at Apapa. He introduced me to Taofeeq.

“One day, Taofeeq brought a small boy to my house and asked me to take care of him. He claimed that the boy was his younger brother; he was about seven years old. The boy stayed in my house with my family and was well taken care of for four days. Taofeeq even sent money for his upkeep.

“When Taofeeq went to collect N150, 000 ransom, he was arrested by SARS and he led them to my house. We were charged and sent to prison in November 2009. In September 2010, we were released because the complainant refused to show up in court.”

Benajmin and his wife, upon his release, then moved to his father’s house at Ikotun area of the state. In 2010, he was said to have met Sholaja in OOU, where he went to write the post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.

The 30-year-old claimed that Sholaja invited him to take part in another kidnapping; he said Sholaja had read about Benjamin’s arrest in the newspapers.

Benjamin said, “We would kidnap one boy and we would keep the boy in his (Sholaja’) mother’s house at Owode Ijako.
“After a week, the boy’s parents paid the money. We were given N100,000 and my share was just N40,000.”

Describing their modus operandi, Benajmin said they usually kidnapped children while on their way to or from school. All suspects were said to have collected a total of N260,000 on two separate occasions, to secure the release of two boys.

Benjamin told PUNCH Metro that he befriended potential victims by buying them biscuits on their way to school, thereby earning their trust.

He said, “It was the last kidnap that got us into trouble. I drove away not knowing that the boy memorised my father’s house address, where he was kept.
“After he was released, he led policemen to the house and I was arrested along with my dad but my dad was later released on bail.”

Shomorin, on his part, confessed to kidnapping three boys. He urged the government to pardon them, promising not to go back to crime.
Lagos Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Damasus Ozoani, said the suspects were arrested on September 29, 2013.

Ozoani said, “They confessed to have kidnapped three children -one from Omole Phase 1; one Kola at Alagbado area and the last one in Owode Ijako, Ogun State, and various amounts of money were collected as ransom.”
Source:Punchng
Read More...

MIKE:My Ordeal Tn The Hands Of Kidnappers (VIDEO)

Leave a Comment
Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), who regained his freedom yesterday,thursday 12th, 2013 after three weeks of his abduction, has appealed to the Federal Government to make the country safe for citizens and foreigners alike. 

He also appealed to the government to provide more jobs for the large number of unemployed graduates in the country. He didn't forget to tell the government to grant amnesty to kidnappers in the country. Ozekhome made the call on Thursday while recounting his ordeal to newsmen at his residence in Lagos, after he was released by his abductors on Thursday morning.
Read More...