Brazilian Woman, Sent To Morgue While Still Alive

Leave a Comment
When a nurse and doctor in Brazil found Rosa Celestrino de Assis, a woman who was in the hospital for pneumonia, without vital signs, they pronounced her dead and sent her body to the morgue.

But she wasn't dead, AFP reports.

The doctor felt no vital signs, ran tests and pronounced her dead. She was sent to the morgue and spent at least two hours in a plastic body bag.

"I went to give my mom one last hug, and I could feel that she was breathing. I screamed out - my mom is alive! And they all looked at me like I was crazy," Rosangela Celestrino, the patient's daughter, told the paper.
"Not only did I have to go collect my mom from a cold storage drawer at the morgue, but when I got there, I find her still breathing," Celestrino went on.

Hospital officials said the patient, Rosa Celestrino de Assis, had two strokes and had been on assisted breathing. At 7:30 pm local time Friday, a nurse phoned the attending doctor because she did not show vital signs. The doctor confirmed her death and sent her to the morgue.

According to ABC News, the doctor who pronounced that Celestrino de Assis was dead has resigned. The nurse who initially checked her vital signs was fired.

This isn't the first time this year that a living person has been sent to the morgue. In July, a South African man woke up in a morgue's locked refrigerator after being there for 21 hours. Morgue workers, hearing a man shouting for help, thought there was ghost in the facility.

Na wa for some nurses and doctors shall???


Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment