This Girl Was Raped By Her Cousin But She's Still A Virgin

Leave a Comment

“I woke very late, very dizzy even his mother noticed and asked me whether I was feeling alright that morning.

I told her I was okay but when I went to the bathroom, I discovered I was wet but did not feel any pain.

I asked him but he smiled and waved it off. I did not disclose to anybody. I just cleaned up.


“I finished my mensuration five days before then. I also wrote my NECO there but left after a week I finished my exams.

I went back to Onitsha, and on the 27th of July, I came to Lagos to my sister’s house. There I missed my period. I told her and she advised that we should wait for some days, saying it might be a shift.

That was the beginning of the story of Chinelo, a teenage girl who was "drugged", raped and impregnated by her own cousin, Onyeka, when she visited her mother's relative in Anambra State. She went their for her UME exams and had slept on the same bed with Onyeka.

Below is an edited version of Chinelo's story:

Chinelo began to notice symptoms of pregnancy after a month. “A month later, I felt sick. My sister and I thought it was malaria. But what later convinced my sister was when I started vomitting. Our neighbour advised we should go to the hospital.

My sister obliged and we went to General Hospital, Aguda. They even gave me money for the test.

“It was on Sunday, so the lab personnel did not come. We returned home and went back the following day.

A test was conducted and we waited for about 30 minutes. When the result came out, they wrote ‘malaria not seen and pregnancy positive’.

“While waiting, my sister had also taken her sick daughter to see a doctor. I approached a woman sitting close to me to explain the result to me and she looked at me and asked whose result was it, saying it indicates pregnancy. When my sister came, I gave it to her and she asked how come I became pregnant.

“I told her I didn’t know that I didn’t have a boyfriend. She took me to their head nurse who also is a counsellor. She tried to convince me but I maintained my position knowing it was the truth.

They decided to take a virginity test on me with the aid of a machine. The result came out and it was confirmed that I am still virgin,” she narrated.

Then the pressure came. The medical team and her sister probed further and Chinelo broke the ice saying: “I remembered the incident in my aunty’s house and I asked whether if someone was wet without making love could result into pregnancy?

They asked me who was with me and I told them how I saw myself wet that morning when I woke up. I further told them how I drank the juice and slept off. I did not know what happened again.

The medical team concluded that pregnancy could occur without a penetrative intercourse since her virginity was intact. Chinelo became more confused with the whole 'drama', but she suspected Onyeka must have drugged her with the juice she was served after dinner.

Chinelo has already gained admission to study Mass communication at Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State but she would have to suspend her quest for further studies pending the delivery of the baby sometime in March 2012, all things being equal.

The overwhelmed teenage girl is currently taking refuge at the Tamar Rescue Foundation, Lagos, a non-governmental organisation that sensitizes young girls on the menace of s*xual abuse and rape.

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment