Ribadu Fires Back! El-Rufai Lacks The Integrity To Write A Book Quoting Me

Leave a Comment


Former Chairman of the EFCC, Malam Nuhu Ribadu, has said there is a “huge integrity deficiency” in the person of Mallam Nasir el-Rufai and his book, The Accidental Public Servant.

In an interview with BluePrint - a popular newspaper in the FCT, Ribadu explained that el-Rufai was wrong to have written about the EFCC in his book because the former minister was never a member of staff of the commission and knew nothing about its operations.

Lambasting el-Rufai for engaging in cheap blackmail, Ribadu stated thus:
“I am quite surprised on how you can quote a person that you have not interviewed. I think the ethics of writing is that you quote somebody with authority and that you can stand by that.

“I have not fully read the book but I have seen a couple of things coming out of it including the excerpts from the media. The most important thing I will say about it is that Nasiru did not tell me he was writing the book, not to talk of showing me the script. Nasiru never interviewed me for his book.

“There is a huge integrity deficiency bordering on ethics if you can quote somebody without first having to record him and you have proof of that. He didn’t consult me, he didn’t give me anything to look at and therefore just like you and all Nigerians, I was quite surprised to see him quoting me directly in the book.”

He wondered how and where el-Rufai got the "lies" he wrote in his book. “Nasiru was not a staff of the EFCC. I wonder how he could report about the work of the EFCC when he was never part of it... He didn’t know of the works of the EFCC and he couldn’t have known. He was not privy to all the things that we were doing there.

“When you are putting [something] into a book, it is only proper for you to validate it and crosscheck. Even if [the person] agrees or disagrees, at least it makes sense. This is especially when the person is close to you.”

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment