BEWARE : Nigerian Soldiers Go On Beating Spree, Beats Unarmed Civilians

Leave a Comment

 As if the terrorism in the Country is not enough, at the popular Mararaba market in Abuja on Tuesday, some suspected drunk Nigerian soldiers descended on unarmed civilians inflicting all sort of injuries on them using horsewhip.

According to an eyewitness, the allegedly drunk soldiers went on rampage, beating anyone in sight at the popular market.

Their plan was to disperse roadside sellers but they ended up beating everyone across their path.

The beating spree we learnt caused serious traffic jam on Abuja-Keffi Road on Tuesday due to the high number of people shopping for the Christmas celebration.

“They (soldiers) beat anyone in sight. They did not even care if you have a baby strapped to your back or not. Is it an offence to make use of a pedestrian bridge as a law abiding citizen? I went to the main market to buy food items for my family with my youngest daughter on my back. It was an ugly scene.” – said an eye witness.

“They beat us to the extent that people started falling on themselves. In the process of escaping from their horsewhip, I fell down and hurt my hand. I sustained an injury in the process. But the number of crowd running for safety made me to quickly get up and looked for an escape route. Here I am nursing my injury for no fault of mine. “The soldiers did not even give notice at all. They took everybody by surprise. - said a student.


Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment