Another alleged Arik Air In-Flight theft

1 comment
There have been some complains lately about an in-flight theft in Arik air. last time, Japheth Omojuwa's Ipad was stolen in Arik air during a flight. This time, another blog visitor is making the same complaints about the same Arik air.
"Arik Air inflight theft (Flight no. W3 151 @ 0700hr, 24th April, 2014. 

I have always heard of inflight theft especially onboard Arik flights. However, I never thought it is being cleverly carried out by the cabin crew until this fateful day, Thursday the 24th of April 2014. I was flying Arik Air first flight (7am) from Lagos to Abuja and was seated on seat no. 22C. I had my luggage hand-carried with my business bag; both were stowed in the overhead luggage compartment a row behind my seat due to lack of space in front.


The flight landed in Abuja ok. I reached for my bags and disembarked the flight to join my driver who was already waiting to take me to the office. On getting to the office, I opened the business bag and reached for my iPad (Spacy gray colored iPad mini with retina display, Wi-Fi + cellular, 128GB storage capacity). That was when I got the first shocker - my iPad was nowhere in my bag!


I was so sure I placed it in my business bag. In my confusion, I started thinking I forgot it in the hotel room in Lagos. This doubt was cleared up the moment I tried to search for it using the “Find my iPad” application on my phone in conjunction with my iCloud account. To my greatest surprise, it was located in Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja, I searched again and same location popped up. 



At this point, I left the office and headed back to the airport (Abuja), while still tracking the iPad on my iphone. Before I got to the airport, the iPad had already made four location changes still within the airport zone. While trying to track the exact point at the airport the iPad went offline and only re-emerged after about 50 minutes. However, this time it was tracked to Owerri airport. According to the tracker, the iPad remained at the tarmac (Owerri) for quite some time before it went offline again.


This only means that the iPad was removed from the bag while still onboard the aircraft by one of the cabin crew, most probably while pretending to arrange the overhead luggage compartment, since the iPad came with me from Lagos only to be stolen inflight yet it didn’t leave the Abuja airport before proceeding to Owerri the same day."



We have tried calling Arik to give us a Manager (at the least) to speak with, or an official email address aside the customer services email address on their website to send an official petition but two customer services people (Foluke, and her immediate supervisor Samuel Sawyer) wouldn’t oblige, claiming their manager was not on seat and they couldn’t give an email address of any management staff beyond the general one on their website, which we know very well will not go further than the 'junior' staff, especially as this pertains to one of ‘their’ own.


I know if this gets to the right management staff, they would easily fish out who did this amongst their staff. There were 5 cabin crew members and these can easily be identified from the records.

Up until now, the person has switched off the Ipad as it hasn't alerted to it being powered on since then. And, I am aware that my friend sent a message to the Ipad at a point while tracking it and he had become sure it was with a cabin crew member. The message stated that "this Ipad is stolen". I (my opinion) believe this is why the thief hasnt put it on again - for now..

IF ARIK WISHES TO CONTACT THE COMPLAINING CUSTOMER I HAVE HIS CONTACT DETAILS..IT IS BETTER THEY RESOLVE THIS AND CATCH THE PEOPLE GIVING THEM A BAD NAME.

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!


1 comment:

  1. it happens all the time when flying with Arik, me and friend was traveling from south Africa to nigeria and one of his luggage didn't arrive with us and this was a luggage that was checked in in SA and on my way coming back to SA march 20th 2014 i realise my hand luggage was too heavy for me so i had to reduce some few things that was on my hand luggage to the one i checked in only for me to arive in SA my dissle wristwatch was nowere to b found (stolen) . there is a lot of stealing when u flying Arik.

    ReplyDelete