“Why Should I Donate Money To Africa, What Has Africa Done For Me”? -- Floyd Mayweather

2 comments
Late last year, radio personality Kelly Mac interviewed outspoken and undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather. The boxer confessed that he has a “good heart,” but that he does not feel obligated to give to charities, specifically in Africa. “[People] say ‘well, he got all this money, why is he not giving to Africa?’” starts Mayweather.

“Well, what has Africa given to us? What has Africa came and gave to my children and to my family? Things work two ways.”

Mayweather goes on to say that he should be able to do whatever he wants with his earnings, such as using it to provide for himself and his family.
“I never got involved in the sport of boxing to say ‘I’m going to fight and make hundreds of millions of dollars and just give it all away.’ If I’m gonna mess money off in a bad way, I’m going to spend it on myself. I’m going to do what I want to do with my money. You hear people talking about, ‘well, he should…donate to this or donate to that.’ No, I should donate to Floyd Mayweather, donate to Floyd Mayweather’s family. Because that’s what it’s about.”

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!


2 comments:

  1. People often like to tell others how to spend their money whereas they have never done any charity work in their life. they always felt that is when you worth bilions that you can donate to charity. A man that could not manage 100,000 USD cannot manage 100,000 Million Usd and same goes to Donation. If you can't donate little from the little you have, you can't donate when you have big. Floyd has the full right to his heard earned money and chooses how, where and what to invest in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To start with congrats. I hope you know that it's God who gave You that victory. Also I want you know that given you victory is not for you alone but to share it among the needy arround you. God has bless you so bless others too because the Lord has commanded it.

    ReplyDelete