No Man Turns Me On Except My Husband - Actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Says

Leave a Comment

 Multiple award-winning actress Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde in a new interview with NewTelegraph said she has never been attracted to any man other than her husband. She also made known her wish to have President Buhari scrap NYSC. Read excerpts from the interview below...

Have you ever been been attracted to any man apart from your husband?

No! I’ve never been attracted to any man other than my husband. My husband is sweet; he’s very cute, handsome and attractive. He’s the one man I have always been attracted to all my life.

What do you have for those who have been wishing that your marriage had hit the rocks a long time ago?

They should keep wishing. That’s all I have to say.

Three things you cherish about your husband.

Oh my hero, my pillar of support, my ever cute captain. I admire and respect him for his calmness, dignity and his love and fear for God. So much I cherish about him, he’s one in a million.

Do you still wash your husband’s clothes and cook for him?

Well, he’s sitting next to me (pointing at her husband). Maybe, you should ask him.

What advice do you have for President Muhammadu Buhari?

He should scrap NYSC. It’s not useful, he should please do that for Nigerians. Our children don’t need it anymore.

Why do you want NYSC scrapped, knowing fully well it’s a national orientation programme?

I have looked at the programme thoroughly and exactly what it’s supposed to have achieved over the years. Believe me, there is no credible or tangible result. It’s a total waste of time and resources and I think all the time and resources should be channelled into something more resourceful.

For instance, I have had situations where some members of my staff, in the name of NYSC, left for a year only to come back and their spaces had been taken by another. You can imagine. NYSC is not just adding any value to our society or even to the lives of our children. I am of the opinion that it should be scrapped.

So what other useful and relevant programmes do you suggest?

Skills acquisition. We have had situations whereby the young ones, after graduation, are with no jobs. They start roaming the streets or even go into crime to survive. This is an urgent situation that needs to be addressed.
Let us make good plans for our children, instead of going to waste a whole year of their struggle, claiming they are serving their fatherland. They should be trained and equipped with skills. That way, their future is secure.

If you were offered a ticket to contest for the seat of a governor in your state and it’s confirmed you will win, would you consider the offer?

I won’t accept the offer; but maybe, if it’s in Lagos, I will accept the offer.

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment