Oshiomhole Speak On Diezani's Trial

Leave a Comment
Is no news that the former Petroleum Minister was arrested and she is being tried in London for alleged money laundering.Governor Adams Oshiomhole came out yesterday to say Nigerians should not be shock at the trial of Diezani Alison-Madueke.


Speaking with State House Correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Os­hiomhole futher said that with the revenue ac­crued to the country the treasury was  always empty and the nation was running budget deficit were over N3.5trn was drawn down by the previous adaministration from pension funds to support recurrent expenditure leading to the mismanagement of the economy.

“For me, I don’t think anybody should be sur­prised because the most favorable commentator on the Nigerian condi­tion, both the economy, the polity and society, ev­erybody agrees that our economy was badly mis­managed over the past several years.
“I have not seen one commentator that dis­agreed. Even when they talk about rebasing, have you rebased the level of poverty? Have you re­based prosperity? Have you rebased unemploy­ment? Have you rebased homelessness? Have you rebased hunger? So I have not seen anyone that says Nigerian people are doing better,”

Oshiomhole said.

The governor ex­plained that during the past administration, he was only in government and not in power because a lot of things were not done the right way.
He, however, said that with the present govern­ment, many things that were done in the wrong way are now being ad­dressed.

“I am the luckiest per­son, I have been in govern­ment for seven years with­out being in power, I was in government, I couldn’t call a commissioner of po­lice and talk as a security officer, I am haunted by all manners of persons.“You kill the snake in Edo, they will put the snake on life support in Abuja and they keep ha­rassing us, Now all those venoms are dead and bur­ied. 


For the first time I am excited and happy not just for personal benefit, but for the changes I am be­ginning to see,” he added.

from National mirror

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment