Barcelona Hire And Fire Player On The Same Day Over Old Tweets

Leave a Comment
Sergi Guardiola, 24 made his dream move on Monday from AD Alcorcon to the Catalan Club's B side which is know for cultivating future international stars.

But tweet posted from his account during the 2013 El Clasico clash between Barcelona and Real Madrid were soon unearthed.They include insult to Barcelona star player Lionel Messi and the Catalan region of Northeast Spain as a whole has cause the club to instantly terminate his contract.

Read his tweet below...   

"I wouldn't have Messi in my team; he spoils the way the team plays," one of the messages attributed to Guardiola states. "Up Real Madrid, and the hell with Catalonia."
A Barcelona statement said,
"FC Barcelona has decided to terminate the contract signed with Sergi Guardiola, after finding that he had published offensive tweets about the club and Catalonia,"
Guardiola, later claimed a friend had posted the tweets as a joke.
"I want to make clear I didn't write those tweets. A friend took my phone and did it. It's a misunderstanding," he told the Spanish radio station Cope. "The tweets are from 2013, a joke from a friend, I didn't even know the tweets existed."
"Now I’m going home, we’ll see what happens,” he added.

Drop Your Facebook Comments Here!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment