Showing posts with label uk news. Show all posts
Showing posts with label uk news. Show all posts

A Man Drives a Fuel Tanker Into His Wife’s Home And Tries To Set The House On Fire

Leave a Comment

Hugh, 51, tried to blow up his wife’s home yesterday by ramming it with a fuel tanker, newsmen garthered .

The wife, Christine Billington, 53, fled in terror as husband twice crashed the truck filled with thousands of gallons of fuel into the bungalow before setting fire to the front door.

As flames threatened to trigger a massive explosion just 100 yards from a primary school, another man leapt into the 25-ton tanker and reversed it away from the blaze.

The brave man, Darren Fletcher — who was taking daughter Imogen, seven, to school — then used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames that were already lapping around the truck as fuel poured out.

The hero dad says:

The engine was still running so I jumped in the cab and reversed the truck away from the bungalow.

“It’s terrifying now to think what could have happened. But at the time I was only thinking about everyone that was around — especially the schoolkids nearby.

“I just thought to myself, ‘I’ve got to move it — if this goes up there’s going to be a catastrophe.’ ” Darren was last night in Poole General Hospital, Dorset, being treated for the effects of smoke. He said: “I inhaled a lot of smoke but I wasn’t hurt and didn’t have any burns.

“I’m not a hero. I just did what I thought was best.

“I don’t need any medals — but a bottle of cider will do nicely.”


Read More...

14-year-old boy rapes a 77-year-old woman

Leave a Comment



A 14 year-old boy has been detained for raping a 77-year-old woman in England, NEWSMEN garthered.

The teenager raped the woman in on November 12 after asking to be let into her house to talk about the war, the court was told.

The boy pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to one count of rape. He sat for most of the hearing with his head down, weeping at times.

He was told he will be held for a minimum of two years, less the 65 days already served, before he can be considered for release.

Judge Patrick Eccles told the boy: “This was a cruel and revolting s8xual attack on a vulnerable 77-year-old woman living in her own home.”

The boy’s strange s8xual behaviors first came to the attention of social services when only a year old.

His father is a violent alcoholic who is on the s*x offenders register and left home when the boy was very young.

Mr Woods said the boy’s mother had had a series of other relationships and at least three of her partners had convictions for s*xual offences.
Read More...

76 Nigerians deported from the United Kingdom.

Leave a Comment
The Government of the United Kingdom on Wednesday the 25th of October, deported 76 Nigerians back home.


The David Cameron led administration had previously imposed a migration cap focusing on non Europeans and this included Nigerians.

The Head of Immigration in the Nigerian High Commission UK, Mr. Muhammed Isa, confirmed the news of the deportation.




According to him the Nigerians affected were being deported for various immigration offences and criminal activities.

“The exercise commenced in 2005 following the conclusion of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on migration returns between the two countries. It is also in line with global best practices,’’ Isa said.

He said officials of the UK and Nigeria would accompany the chartered flight conveying the deportees to Lagos to ensure that their human rights were protected.
Read More...

AFTERMATH GADDAFI'S DEATH:BRITISH GOVERNMENT DEMANDS £1 BILLION PAYBACK FROM LIBYA

Many observers of the current revolution in Africa and Middle East are skeptical of the involvement of western super powers.


Some have come to the conclusion that America, Britain, France, Germany, and others are interested in the war going on in some of these countries.

Not because they love democracy as they claim, but are out for an ulterior motive, oil! A report monitored on Daily Mail UK says a British MP, Daniel kawczynski, has demanded that Libya use its vast oil wealth to compensate Britain for saving thousands of lives. 

So, British government is now claiming to have spent £1.75 billion in Libya in just 7 months while a lot of her citizen could barely make ends meet back home. If Britain alone is asking for £1 billion, what would France, Germany and USA ask for?
Read More...

BBC slashing 2,000 jobs

Leave a Comment
LONDON: British Broadcasting Corp. has announced plans to slash 2,000 jobs in an effort to cut its budget by 20 percent over the next five years.

Details of the Delivering Quality First plan were presented to staffers Thursday morning.

BBC Director General Mark Thompson said the changes are necessary to create "a smaller, radically reshaped BBC."

In addition to the elimination of 2,000 jobs across the BBC, another 1,000 employees will relocate from London to Salford where BBC Three is set to move in 2016, the broadcasting giant said on its Web site.

The technicians' union Bectu blasted the plan and said Thompson is "destroying jobs and destroying the BBC."

The National Union of Journalists also remarked, "The BBC will not be the same organization if these cuts go ahead."

Despite the cutbacks, no channels or radio stations are expected to close, the BBC said.
Read More...

Plane crashes into houses in Salford

Leave a Comment
The plane crashed into a semi-detached house
A plane has crashed into two houses in Greater Manchester, police have said.

Officers were called to Newlands Avenue, Peel Green, Salford, at about 12:20 BST following reports a plane had collided with several properties.

When they arrived at the houses, near Barton Aerodrome in Irlam, they discovered a light aircraft had come down and hit two properties.

A North West Air Ambulance spokesman said two men in the plane had been seriously injured.
The spokesman said: "There were two patients on board who both suffered burns.

"A man in his late 50s had 70% burns and a man aged 21 had 60% burns.

"Both were taken by the North West Air Ambulance to Wythenshawe Hospital. We have had no reports of any other casualties."

The homes were unoccupied at the time of the crash, the spokesman said.

Dale Stafford was in another plane at the aerodrome which was waiting to take off when the crash happened.
'Plume of smoke'
She said: "I saw it take off, I didn't see it come down but we heard the siren go off in the airtower. We saw the plume of smoke."


Valerie Briggs, a neighbour who called the emergency services, said she heard an explosion and came out to see the light plane crashed into houses across the road.

She said one of the properties sustained extensive damage.

Jeff Tarling, another resident, said: "We saw the plane dropping. It looked like the pilot was struggling with it.

"It looked like he was trying to land it in a cemetery."

Greater Manchester Fire Service said it had six fire engines attending the crash.

A cordon is in place around the scene. The A57 is closed in both directions and diversions are in place.

Read More...